Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Brew of Note

A friend of mine came back to visit his fam for Thanksgiving brought me a treat. He brought a 6 pack of Bell's Oberon Ale from Comstock, Michigan. He says every time they brew this particular ale, maybe it's any brew, they have an article in the newspaper announcing it. Apparently it's a very popular brew from Bell's Brewery, an area favorite in the Kalamazoo, Michigan region. With home hot-air popped, buttered (real butter) and cheese flavored, popcorn, my Friday night was complete! One of those "priceless" moments.

5 comments:

Jim West said...

Bell's beers are among my favorites. Just about everything they brew is great. I personally like the Two Hearted Ale the best. Unfortunately, due to crazy distribution laws in Illinois, you can't find them here any more (as of fall 2006 - grrrr). I actually visited the brewery back in 1990.

Unknown said...

If my friend doesn't move too soon, I'll have to take a trip up to see him, visit Elderly Instruments in Lansing, MI, and Heritage Guitars in Kalamazoo...round it out with a trip to Bell's and see if I can their Two Hearted Ale...but he might be movin' elsewhere by next fall dependin' on where his daughter goes to college...he wasn't sure. He, Tracy Burke's his name, does a lot of database management related work as a contractor for various companies, etc. Heckuva a guitar picker...perfect pitch and all.

Jim West said...

Was able to pick some Bell's in St. Louis when we visited my wife's family over Thanksgiving. I knew there was a reason I married her.

Unknown said...

I'll remember that next time I'm visitng my mother-in-law who lives just outside of Alton, IL.

*beatrice said...

ok, so FINALLY i can leave my overdue comment about the beauty of home cooked popcorn with REAL butter... one of the few pure delights left in life. or something like that... love ya pop!
~heath