Monday, April 2, 2012

Stephane Grappelli and You Are The Sunshine of My Life

Today an email from Jazz On The Tube came to my inbox. It contained a favorite song of mine played by one of my most favorite musicians. The song is You Are The Sunshine of My Life, composed and written by Stevie Wonder. The principal musician is jazz violinist/fiddler, Stephane Grappelli.

Grappelli was considered the "grandfather of jazz violin" who played concerts into his 80s. He died in 1997. He was one of the founders, along with Django Reinhardt of the gypsy jazz band The Hot Club Quintet of France, one of the first all stringed instrument jazz bands.

Play the video below and let the music speak for itself and see if you don't become a fan of Stephane Grappelli. Or, understand why I'm a fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Joe, I just realized that you have a blog! How unpolite am I?? Never seen that before.
I'm not a jazz fan but that's a very relaxing and soothing music on the video, and he's a brilliant fiddler!
Have a lovely Easter weekend my friend.