Sunday, January 1, 2012

1942 Woody Guthrie New Year's Resolution list

Over the years I've eschewed making resolution lists as I've come to believe taking one day, hour, minute, second, or moment at a time as all we have is the moment we're in. But this list of Woody Guthrie's New Year Resolutions for 1942 published in Brainpickings.org today shows an easy, fun list that pretty well covers all the bases. Creating a list of resolutions can be a good thing if one considers them objectives or goals to accomplish, which, I guess that's what they really are. With that in mind my list would include;
  1. Continue learning and improving my graphic design skills
  2. Improve my fingerstyle guitar skills
  3. Continue believing "I can"
  4. Savor every moment
  5. Love all family members equally
  6. Improve my fiddling skills
  7. Be respectful of others
  8. Complete one drawing or painting a month
  9. Compose an original song or fiddle tune once a month
  10. Continue reducing credit card debt
  11. Increase daily exercise
  12. Eat better by cooking at home more.
All worthwhile challenges for me, I believe.

No comments: